Microscopic spores float in the air like , causing allergy symptoms. They can be found both indoors and outdoors.
Outdoors, moulds thrive in shady, damp areas like piles of damp or rotting leaves, grass cuttings and compost heaps. Indoors, mould grows in warm, damp spaces like the kitchen and bathroom.
Since mould thrives in warm, damp spaces, your child’s mould allergy symptoms may be more common in the autumn when the weather is mild and wet, especially if you live in an area where harvesting happens.